Wednesday, March 31, 2010

First night...getting the call at work

I was in meetings at the time...a number I didn't know kept calling my cell. I stepped out of the meeting, it was our neighbor Lynda (thanks for being persistent in calling me!!) She told me Michael had a seizure and was heading to hospital.

The ER Dr's did a mirage of tests but could not find anything wrong with Michael and he wasn't having any more seizures. About 4 hours later, they sent us home.

It was about 8:30pm and Mike went to get some food. Michael was on the floor playing happily with his legos watching Star Wars. I (jenee) was actually on the phone with the peditrician when Michael suddenly fell backwards and starting having another grand-mal seizure. I was terrified. The doctor instructed me to calm down as she timed the seizure. It lasted about 1min 30sec. Just then Mike walked in struck with panic with food in hand...

The doctor instructed us to take Micahel and drive to Childrens hospital. Of course, my husband being the lovely sweet man he is...yelled from the backround to the Dr. asking if she could just text us directions to the hosiptal that would be @*&%$!! great. We called 911 again.

Needless to say-the paramedics arrived within minutes-they were awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment